top of page
Flag 1.png

What is the U.S. Citizen Petition for a Fiancé(e)?

As a U.S. citizen, you may petition to bring your: Fiancé(e) (K-1 visa) and their children (K-2 visa) to the U.S. so you may marry your fiancé(e); or Spouse (K-3 visa) and their children (K-4 visa) to the U.S. to apply for lawful permanent resident status.

Who is Eligible for Filing a Petiton for a Fiancé(e)?


Generally, you may file this petition if you and your fiancé(e): 


Are legally free to marry and intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s admission to the United States; and have met each other in person within the two years immediately before you filed this petition, unless you establish that either: 


  • The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would violate strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice, and that any and all aspects of the traditional arrangements have been or will be met in accordance with the custom or practice; or the requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would result in extreme hardship to you.


Fiancé(e) status automatically expires after 90 days and cannot be extended. Your fiancé(e) must leave the United States at the end of the 90 days if you do not marry. If your fiancé(e) does not depart, they will violate U.S. immigration law. This could affect their future eligibility for U.S. immigration benefits and may result in removal (deportation).

What documents should I submit with the application? 


  • Evidence of your U.S. citizenship:​

    • A copy of your birth certificate, issued by a civil registrar, vital statistics office, or other civil authority showing you were born in the United States.  

    • A copy of your naturalization or citizenship certificate issued by USCIS or the former Immigration and Naturalization Service. 

    • A copy of Form FS-240, Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), issued by a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate. 

    • A copy of your unexpired U.S. passport.

    • An original statement from a U.S. consular officer verifying you are a U.S. citizen with a valid passport. ​


  • Evidence that you or your fiancé(e) legally terminated any previous marriages (if applicable):

    • Divorce decree, Annulment order or Death certificate for prior spouse. 


  • One color passport-style photograph of yourself and one for your fiancé taken within 30 days of you filing this petition. 


  • Evidence of legal name change (if applicable). 


  • Evidence to support an International Marriage Broker Regulation Act waiver (if applicable).


  • Evidence that you and your fiancé intend to marry within 90 days of their admission into the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant. 


  • Evidence that you met your fiancé(e) in-person within two years of you filing your Form I-129F. If you haven’t met within two years, submit evidence that meeting in-person would violate strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice or would be an extreme hardship on the petitioner.

What forms does Daniel Trust Foundation help me complete?


  • G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

  • G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions

  • I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé(e)

  • I-134, Affidavit of Support

  • DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application

What are filing fees for the U.S. Citizen Petition for a Fiancé(e)?


  • Daniel Trust Foundation document preparation fee is $950

  • USCIS filing fee for Form I-129F is $535 

  • Nonimmigrant visa application fee for DS-160 is $265

  • Medical examination fee is $200 - $300

How do I begin the application process and how does it work?

  • Call/Text 347-718-9921 to schedule a consultation with our team.

  • Complete and sign our document preparation agreement.

  • Make a payment to cover our document preparation fee.

  • We will send you a form you can complete and upload copies of the initial required evidence.

  • A team member will schedule a Zoom meeting to review the completed application with you.​

  • We will help you put together a cover letter that will be placed on top of your application package.

  • We will print the application and all the required initial evidence and mail it to your home so you can sign it. 

  • You will sign the application, include the USCIS filing fee and mail the application for processing.

  • Once USCIS receives your application package, they will send you a receipt in the mail.

  • A member of our team will be there and provide you with support during the entire process. 

bottom of page